A missing tooth not only affects your ability to chew food. It also makes you self-conscious every time you eat, speak or smile. But with today’s modern dental advancement, there is a procedure that can bring back the confidence in your smile—dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth that is surgically placed into the jawbone to serve as a complete tooth replacement. It is usually divided into three components—the root that is usually made of titanium, the abutment that connects the root to the crown and the dental crown. The titanium root is shaped like a crew and inserted into the jawbone. It fuses with the jawbone in a process called osseointegration. The abutment is then attached to the post. Afterwards, the dental crown is secured in place.
To know more about dental implants and other teeth replacement procedures, contact our friendly periodontists at North Shore Periodontics. Visit our clinic at Suite 104A, Level 1/22 Clarke St, Crows Nest or call us on (02) 8026 0400. We are open Mondays through Fridays from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and on Saturdays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Reasons to Consider Dental Implants
Dental implants have a lot of advantages over other teeth replacement procedures. If you are still on the fence on whether you want to get it or not, we got you covered. Here are 5 reasons why you need to consider getting a dental implant.
- Dental implants stop your teeth from shifting to the empty space. When you lose a tooth, surrounding teeth will actually try to fill the missing space. This can actually cause several problems including misaligned or uneven teeth, which are even more costly to correct. Since the dental implant acts like a natural tooth, it will help keep your teeth properly spaced.
- Dental implants do not shift or slip out of position. Unlike dentures or bridges, dental implants are surgically attached and integrated into the jawbone. The resulting stability is similar, maybe even stronger than natural teeth.
- Dental implants help protect your jawbone. The root of a tooth serves as a point of stimulation to the jawbone. Without it, the section of the jawbone with the missing tooth will begin to deteriorate. Implants mitigate this damage through osseointegration.
- Dental implants do not rely on other teeth for support. Other teeth replacement options like bridges require surrounding teeth to be adjusted or even destroyed. With dental implants, no tooth is lost.
- Dental implants are cleaned the same way as natural teeth. Unlike dentures which need to be taken out at night and cleaned, dental implants do not affect your oral hygiene routine. You may brush your teeth or gargle mouthwash like you always do.
Get Your Dental Implants at North Shore Periodontics
North Shore Periodontics offers the highest quality dental implant treatment. Our trained dental surgery specialists use quality products and top-of-the-line dental equipment to serve you better. If you want to learn more about the tooth replacement option that is best for you, contact our friendly periodontists. For dental services including dental implants, Sydney residents may visit our clinic at Suite 104A, Level 1/22 Clarke St, Crows Nest. You may also call (02) 8026 0400 and schedule an appointment.