What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are surgical posts, usually made with titanium, that is surgically positioned in the jawbone. A new dental crown is then attached to the post to replace the missing tooth. Periodontists will scan your teeth to guide the positioning and ensure that the crown is a snug fit.
Using the latest in dental implant technology, North Shore Periodontics offers dental implant solutions that fulfil your tooth replacement needs. Combined with our dental health experience and high standard of care, you can receive your much-needed dental surgery with confidence. Here are the advantages of replacing missing teeth with dental implants.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Withstand greater biting forces than dentures
- Do not require support from adjacent teeth like bridges
- Eliminate “hollowed” cheeks appearance after tooth extraction
- Maintain usual oral health routine
- Indistinguishable from other natural teeth
- Look and feel completely normal
Here at North Shore Periodontics, we aim to give our patients only the highest quality dental treatment. That is why our dental implant treatment is performed by our trained dental surgery specialists using quality products and equipment from trusted brands.
If you are in Chatswood, North Sydney and North Shore, contact our dental implant Crows Nest specialists on (02) 8026 0400 today and schedule an appointment.
What are the Requirements for Dental Implants?
To be a candidate for a dental implant surgery, you need to have a healthy jawbone and no existing gum disease. Our Sydney periodontists will perform a series of scans to ensure the health of your bone structure. Other factors include your medical history and habits. If you have a history of diabetes or smoke cigarettes, the dental surgery may not be successful.
What are the Components of a Dental Implant?
- A titanium root that is embedded into the jawbone
- An abutment which connects the root to the crown
- A crown that is cemented into place
Dental Implants Components
How does North Shore Periodontics Prepare for your Dental Implants?
- Our periodontists will perform a series of diagnostic tests to determine if you are a suitable candidate for the dental surgery. These tests will include dental examinations, dental casts of your teeth, and 3D scans of your jaws. This will ensure that the implant will fit you properly.
- We will get your full medical history through an interview. Certain diseases like diabetes affect the success of your dental surgery.
- Before the operation, we will put you under local anaesthesia in contrast to general anaesthesia. This enables you to go back to your own routine immediately after the surgery.