North Shore Periodontics COVID 19 Update
We understand health and safety are currently front of mind for all our patients, Dentists, staff and visitors at this time. Please be assured that this is our top priority and we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and undertaking active precautions to ensure the most effective protection for our patients and practice personnel during this difficult and challenging period.
To help keep everyone safe during these times North Shore Periodontics has implemented the following changes to our patient management procedures. Please help us by carefully reading and adhering to these instructions.
- Masks are recommended, but are optional while in the waiting area
- When checking in with the front desk scan the QR code posted around the front entrance and sign in with all details required. Alternatively, if you are unable to fill out the form online, paper copies will be provided.
- Our receptionist will then check your temperature with a temple thermometer prior to your appointment.
- Please use the hand sanitizer upon entering the practice. There are 2 located at the front desk for your convenience.
- Please have a seat in one of the spaced-out seating areas and keep a distance of 1.5 metres at all times in the waiting room with people not from your household to help adhere to social distancing requirements.
- It is imperative that if you and/or any family members are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms whatsoever, Please call 8026 0400 to reschedule your appointment.
- At this time, we are limiting the amount of people in our practice and ask that you come to your appointments alone if possible. If a parent/guardian or caretaker is required, we ask that only one comes along to the appointment to help with social distancing requirements.
- Please come to your appointments on time and no earlier than 5minutes prior to appointment time to help limit time spent in the waiting room.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, Please call 8026 0400 to talk to one of our receptionists:
- Do you have a fever, cough or difficulty in breathing? Or have you experienced any of these within the past 14 days?
- Have you experienced any stomach upsets like diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting or abdominal discomfort in the last 7 days?
- Have you travelled to Victoria or any NSW hot spot within the past 14 days? Please visit the NSW Government website.
- Have you come in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case within the past 14 days?
- Have you had close contact to anyone with a fever or respiratory problems (cough or difficulty in breathing) within the last 14 days?